Teen women collaborated to construct a satellite for ISRO
Hyderabad: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Friday efficiently introduced the AzaadSAT-2, a nano-satellite, constructed by Chennai- based start-up, Space KidZ, India, in its Small Satellite Launch Vehicle- SSLV D2, an 8.7 kg satellite constructed by 750 women researching in numerous government colleges. For the very first time ever before, 750 women’ trainees from the furthest components of India collaborated to construct a satellite.
- This satellite goal was introduced to motivate government college kids (from financially weak histories) with the fundamental understanding and also expertise of area and also tutor them to construct a tiny experiment and also launch it to area via “Orbital Satellite.”
- Conceptualised by Dr Srimathy Kesan, CEO, Space Kidz, India, that began working with this task in very early 2022, to commemorate India’s 75 years of Independence-Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- She was a previous NCC- “Best cadet of Andhra Pradesh” ’92 and also was really eager to offer homage to NCC by playing NCC track from Space via this satellite.
Funding for the goal
Major enroller for the nano satellite was Hexaware, and also a tiny payment was provided by Lumina Datamatics, Ananth Technologies that moneyed for satellite screening.
The start-up serviced this task at Anna University situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Aim of the task
- Around 75 Government colleges for women throughout India were recognized, 10 women from courses 8th-12th were offered this possibility from each college
- Among the 75 colleges, St Francis Girls High School, Secunderabad, GHS Vengalraonagar, Hyderabad, and also Zilla Parishad High Schools, Gurjakunta, Warangal and also Armoor community in Nizamabad, were picked from Telangana
- Speaking to The Hans India, Srimathy Kesan, creator & & CEO of Space Kidz claimed, “This is a first of its kind mission with an “All females idea” to promote Women in STEM as this year’s UN theme is “Women inSpace NITI Aayog assisted us in recognizing these government colleges throughout India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari”. The selected students were given training virtually and experiment materials were sent to them. With the support from science teachers in their respective schools, these students were trained to work on the payload.”
- To show expanding satellite framework
- NCC track on the event of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Space Song made up and also sung by the Rockstar Devi Sri Prasad and also penciled by lyricist Raman Raghuvanshi
- Prestigious G20 logo design brought in the satellite as India is holding the G20 Presidency in 2023
learn about the Start- up
- Space Kidz India is an Indian Aerospace Startup introducing in the layout, manufacture, and also launch of tiny satellites, spacecrafts, and also ground systems
- It until now introduced 18 BallonSats, 3 Suborbital Payloads and also Orbital satellites