1. The Cyberabad police are set to auction 462 abandoned and unclaimed vehicles of various types, which will be pooled at the Moinabad police station grounds. Those who have any objection or ownership/hypothecation interest in any of these vehicles may file an application before the police station SHO concerned, Cyberabad Commissionerate, and claim it within six months. If no one claims the vehicles, they will be auctioned after six months.
2. Green Team, a conservation group comprising of five members, is working to restore the historic stepwell ‘Garuda Pushkarini’ near Wanaparthy. The team’s objective is to protect and safeguard the well for future generations and to bring it back to life.
3. Ugadi, which marks the beginning of the Hindu lunar New Year, was celebrated with great enthusiasm in Hyderabad on Monday. On Wednesday, a day ahead of the festival, people thronged markets and shopping centers to purchase the main components of Ugadi Pachhadi – neem flowers, raw mangoes, tamarind, and jaggery.
4. Mayor Gadwal Vijayalakshmi held a meeting with food safety officials at the GHMC headquarters on Monday. She expressed concern over allegations of negligence by food safety officials in checking shops in circles and instructed them to pay special attention to prevent food adulteration. Appropriate action will be taken against those who neglect their duties.
5. The much-awaited RHS flyover in L B Nagar is set to be inaugurated soon, bringing relief to motorists who have been facing traffic congestion on the busy roads. The 700-meter long flyover was constructed under the Strategic Road Development Programme (SRPD) project at a cost of Rs 32 crore and will benefit commuters coming from surrounding districts as well as residents via Hayat Nagar.