“Stay Up-to-Date with the Latest Telangana News: Top 5 Updates for Today”
1. The results of the council elections under the Teacher’s quota will be announced today. The counting process will begin shortly at the Saroornagar indoor stadium, where the ballot boxes are stored.
2. Municipal Administration Minister KT Rama Rao has written a letter to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, requesting immediate intervention from the Government of India to restore the names of 35,000 electors who were deleted from eight wards of the Secunderabad Cantonment Board (SCB). The minister is seeking help to ensure their participation in the democratic exercise of voting scheduled for April 30.
3. BRS Andhra Pradesh chief T Chandrashekar has stated that it was not his party chief K Chandrashekar Rao, but the Congress party, which had divided Andhra Pradesh into two and was supported by the BJP.
4. Telangana Director General of Police (DGP) Anjani Kumar has announced that police officers from other states are studying the innovative procedures implemented by the Telangana police department. They aim to emulate them in their respective states. Kumar made this statement during a function organised at Rani Rudrama Devi Auditorium of Telangana State Police Academy. During the event, special awards were given to Reception Officers for their best service in various police stations of the state. Additionally, scholarships were awarded to the children of policemen who died due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
5. The State government has set April 5 as the deadline for the completion of the 125-foot bronze statue of Dr BR Ambedkar, which is being constructed adjacent to Hussain Sagar. Minister for Social Welfare Koppula Eshwar inspected the ongoing works on Wednesday and directed officials to complete the project within a stipulated period, as per Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao’s instructions.