BBC Documentary on Modi Criticized for Twitter Post Removal, Reason Unknown

BBC Documentary on Modi Criticized for Twitter Post Removal, Reason Unknown
Text Size: 100%

Elon Musk was interviewed by the BBC on Wednesday about social media rules in India. He said that he was not sure what happened when Twitter removed posts related to a documentary critical of Prime Minister Narendra Modi earlier this year. Musk also mentioned that some rules about social media content are strict in India.

In January, India blocked a BBC documentary that questioned Modi’s leadership during the 2002 Gujarat riots. The government ordered Twitter to block over 50 tweets that linked to the video. Even sharing clips of the documentary on social media was banned. Although the documentary was not shown in India, it was uploaded to some YouTube channels.

Also read:  Intense Heatwave Grips Telangana as Temperatures Set to Touch 45°C in Northern Districts

During the interview, Musk said that he was not aware of this particular situation and did not know what exactly had happened with some content situation in India. The documentary focused on Modi’s leadership as the chief minister of the western state of Gujarat during the 2002 riots. Over 1,000 people were killed during the riots, most of them Muslims.

Advertisement
Disclaimer: For article corrections, please email newsdesk@telanganatribune.com or fill out the Grievance Resolution form
Who will be the next CM of Telangana?
KCR / KTR / Harish Rao
Revanth Reddy
Others
Download our App:
About the Author
Newsdesk
Newsdesk

Latest News from Hyderabad, Telangana, India & World!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *