Monday, July 15, 2024
More
    HomeHyderabadTelangana Government Provides Good News to Medical Students for Pursuing Medical Education

    Telangana Government Provides Good News to Medical Students for Pursuing Medical Education

    Related stories

    Telangana government announced good news for medical students studying in the state by revising the admission rules to medical colleges. Under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, Article 371D, the government made changes to the admission rules. As per the new rules, 100% of medical seats in colleges that were established after June 2, 2014 will be reserved for students from Telangana. Previously, only 85% of seats were reserved for local students, while the remaining 15% were reserved for students from Andhra Pradesh who secured seats through NEET.

    With this new revision, more MBBS seats have been allocated to Telangana students. The state government has also started a new medical college in Khammam district to provide specialized healthcare services to the people of Telangana along with quality medical education. Prior to the formation of Telangana, there were 20 medical colleges in the state, but now the number has increased to 56. The total number of MBBS seats in Telangana has risen from 2,850 to 8,340.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  Bhatti Vikramarka organizes Rythu Bharosa meeting in Warangal, promises to prioritize farmers' feedback.

    The government has limited the reservation under Article 371D to only 20 medical colleges. The newly established 36 medical colleges are exempted from this reservation. This means that Telangana students can secure seats in these colleges as well. The government has also increased the number of seats available in Telangana medical colleges to a total of 520.

    Previously, Telangana students were only able to acquire 85% of seats under the BC-B category. However, due to the local reservation provided by the government, Telangana students have now secured approximately 1,300 MBBS seats. With these two decisions by the government, a total of 1,820 seats have been added to Telangana’s medical colleges. The 15% All India Quota seats in these new medical colleges are open to students from both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, as per the merit-based admission process.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  Broker arrested for smuggling individuals to Cambodia

    This revision in admission rules is a great relief for Telangana students aspiring to pursue medical education. It ensures that more seats are available for local students, allowing them to pursue their dreams of becoming doctors. The government’s focus on improving healthcare services and providing quality education in the medical field will greatly benefit the people of Telangana in the long run.

    - Advertisement -

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here