Sunday, July 14, 2024
More
    HomeAndhra PradeshYS Jagan urges officials to put pressure on Centre to fulfill promises...

    YS Jagan urges officials to put pressure on Centre to fulfill promises under AP Reorganisation Act

    Related stories

    Chandrababu warns against touching his feet: “I will reciprocate”

    Chandrababu Naidu insists that the practice should be abandoned as only parents and God deserve such reverence.

    Government seeks feedback from farmers on Rythu Bharosa

    The State government is seeking feedback from farmers to...

    Congress leaders blame poor coordination for LS poll defeat

    The PJ Kurien Committee is set to submit a...

    Record-breaking price of Rs 24,000 per kg fetched by first Hilsa fish of the season

    A fisherman in Andhra Pradesh caught the prized fish, known for its delicate flavor, from the Godavari River.

    Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has expressed concerns about the damage caused by the state’s bifurcation and the need for the Union Government to fulfill promises made in the AP Reorganisation Act. In a review meeting with senior officials, YS Jagan discussed the 13th schedule of the Act and informed officials about the topics to be discussed in a meeting with the Union Home Secretary. The Chief Minister highlighted the unequal distribution of debt and revenue between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, and emphasized the need for pending issues such as Special Status Guarantee, Polavaram dues, and electricity dues to be addressed. He also emphasized the importance of fulfilling infrastructure promises to boost business and commercial activities and increase revenue.

    Also read:  RTC officials attend session on data analysis

    YS Jagan mentioned the announcement of three capitals as part of decentralization and comprehensive development. He urged officials to develop a transport system connecting these areas and highlighted ongoing road construction projects. He called for support and assistance from the Union Government for these programs. The Chief Minister also urged officials to pressure the Centre for the fulfillment of promises such as the construction of a new Central Agriculture University, Dugarajapatnam port, a steel plant in Kadapa, and allotment of mines from NMDC. He emphasized the need for a high-speed rail corridor and introduction of superfast trains. YS Jagan also addressed the issue of airports, suggesting their conversion into international airports and the need for relocation and construction of Bhogapuram Airport due to disruption caused by Navy operations.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  IMD forecasts intense rainfall in Telangana

    Regarding the metro rail project in Visakhapatnam, YS Jagan stated that the private developer is bearing 60 percent of the project cost and called on the Centre to bear the remaining 40 percent including land acquisition. He highlighted the pending division of assets between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and stressed the need for attention to be paid to the division of common assets in different bank accounts.

    - Advertisement -

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here