Sunday, July 21, 2024
More
    HomeAndhra PradeshSingareni may facilitate Telangana government's bid for Vizag Steel Plant acquisition

    Singareni may facilitate Telangana government’s bid for Vizag Steel Plant acquisition

    Related stories

    Jagan Urges YSRCP MPs to Highlight AP Violence Issues in Parliament

    YSRCP MPs instructed to highlight law and order failures and demand President's Rule in Andhra Pradesh.

    “CM Revanth Reddy Opens Gopanpally Flyover, Vows Continued Development for Hyderabad”

    Chief Minister Revanth Reddy inaugurated the Gopanpally flyover in...

    Man Fatally Attacked Near Dharmavaram in Andhra Pradesh

    Unidentified assailants brutally hacked Chakali Suryanarayana to death near Kothakota; motives remain unknown.

    KTR Briefs Governor on Constitutional Violations and Party Defections in the State

    BRS Working President KTR raised concerns with the Telangana...

    The Telangana government is reportedly making a bid for the Vizag Steel Plant (VCP) through its Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) and accusing the Centre of attempting to privatise the steel plant. According to a report by the Times of India, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has instructed officials from the government and SCCL to visit VSP and prepare a blueprint. The last date for submitting bids for VSP is 15 April. The move is the first time a state-run company will place bids to secure a PSU in a neighbouring state.

    The Telangana government has a majority stake in SCCL of 51%, while the Centre holds the remaining 49%. BRS working president KT Rama Rao reiterated the party’s support for Vizag Steel Plant workers, saying that the BRS would oppose the Central government’s move to privatise the steel plant. The BRS party has been opposing alleged privatisation of PSUs by the Centre in the two Telugu states.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  CM Revanth congratulates mountaineer for reaching the summit of Mount Kang Yatse (II)

    The BRS organised a ‘Maha Dharna’ to protest against the Centre’s decision to auction Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) coal mines during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the city. The report said that there is a possibility of BRS leaders meeting VSP union leaders in Visakhapatnam. According to the report, AP BRS President Thota Chandrasekhar collated information on ways to stall privatisation by participating in bids after his meeting with VSP union leaders.

    A senior BRS leader was quoted in the report as saying: “If the BRS government’s strategy works out, the Centre may have to support VSP by providing working capital as was done by former prime ministers Atal Behari Vajpayee and PV Narasimha Rao.” Communist Party of India National Secretary K Narayana on Monday welcomed Telangana’s interest in VSP in Andhra Pradesh. He said that if VSP goes into the hands of private companies like Adani Group, it would be a great loss to the country and appreciated CM KCR’s decision to take over the PSU.

    Also read:  Police in Andhra Pradesh restrict YS Jagan's convoy to Vinukonda
    - Advertisement -
    Rajesh M
    Rajesh Mhttps://www.telanganatribune.com
    Latest News from Hyderabad, Telangana, India & World!

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here