Saturday, July 20, 2024
More
    HomeTelanganaMedical Colleges | Telangana loses quota seats to Karnataka! Another 520 seats...

    Medical Colleges | Telangana loses quota seats to Karnataka! Another 520 seats now in their possession!

    Related stories

    Man Fatally Attacked Near Dharmavaram in Andhra Pradesh

    Unidentified assailants brutally hacked Chakali Suryanarayana to death near Kothakota; motives remain unknown.

    Significant Breach in Peddavagu Project Drains Reservoir

    **Kothagudem:** Thousands of farmers depend on the Peddavagu reservoir...

    Jagan Condemns Lawlessness in Andhra Pradesh, Calls for President’s Rule

    YS Jagan plans to meet PM Modi and hold protest in Delhi on July 24 demanding President's Rule in Andhra Pradesh

    Jagan Offers Support and Consolation to Rashid’s Family During Emotional Gathering

    Alleging political motives behind Rashid's murder, his family said TDP was involved in the brutally killing.

    Telangana Government has announced another good news for students. After the formation of the state in June 2014, the Competitive Authority for the medical colleges established 100% reservation for Telangana students in the 100 seats under the convener quota. This decision was made in accordance with the health department’s announcement of the admission rules for Telangana State Medical Colleges. This decision was made possible by the implementation of the State Reorganization Act and Article 371-D, which allows reservation for admission rules. Earlier, local students in the convener quota had only 85% reservation, while the remaining 15% was allotted to non-reserved category students, including students from Andhra Pradesh.

    With this recent decision, Telangana students now have access to 520 medical seats. Among the new medical colleges, 15% of the seats are allocated to the All India Quota. In addition to Telangana students, students from Andhra Pradesh are also eligible to apply. The Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has also initiated the establishment of a medical college in his district, which will contribute to providing specialized services to the people of Telangana and offering medical education to Telangana students. Before the formation of Telangana state, there were 20 medical colleges in the state, with a total of 2,850 MBBS seats. Among these seats, 1,895 seats are under the convener quota.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  18 complaints received by SP office in grievance on Monday

    Currently, out of the total seats available, 15% are reserved for non-reserved category students, which means 280 seats are open for competition. Telangana students will have opportunities along with Andhra Pradesh students. The Telangana government has ensured that these seats are only applicable to the existing 20 medical colleges. If the old system is retained, then 15% of the reserved quota will be applicable to all medical colleges. Telangana students will have to compete for the remaining seats. The state now has a total of 56 seats, which means an additional 36 new medical colleges have been established, totaling 8,340 seats. The government has limited the reservation only to the old 20 medical colleges.

    Also read:  Alert Issued: Heavy Rains Predicted in Telangana for the Next Three Days

    Harish Rao, the Minister for Health, said that students should aim to become doctors and serve the nation. The Telangana government has provided great opportunities for students to pursue medical education by implementing various decisions. The MBBS ‘B’ category seats under the NEET have been reserved exclusively for Telangana students with local reservation of 85%. Telangana students have already received 1,300 MBBS seats. With the recent decision, a total of 1,820 seats are now available for Telangana students. The colleges have seen significant growth in seat numbers.

    - Advertisement -

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here