Monday, June 24, 2024
More
    HomeTelanganaStudent Union in Hyderabad demands action against college owners

    Student Union in Hyderabad demands action against college owners

    Related stories

    Shabbir Ali Criticizes BRS Leaders for their Remarks on Party Defections

    Congress senior leader and government advisor Shabbir Ali criticized...

    Link to TS Inter Advanced Supplementary Exam Results Released

    The Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education has announced...

    44 IAS Officials Moved to New Positions in Telangana

    The Telangana Government made a major reshuffle in the...

    Members of the Nava Telangana Student Union in Hyderabad submitted a written complaint to Telangana’s Principal Secretary (Education), Burra Venkatesham, regarding the illegal collection of donations by the owners of an engineering college.

    Nagaraju Goud, State President of Nava Telangana Student Union, explained that according to government guidelines, 70% of seats for vocational education courses should be filled through the convener quota, while the remaining 30% (B-Category) should be filled through the proprietary quota. However, private colleges are not following these rules and are collecting large donations from students for B-Category seats instead. The student union has raised this issue with the Education Secretary.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  Telangana government offers Rs 1 lakh crore interest-free loans to Self Help Groups

    Additionally, the student union emphasized the need for applications to be accepted for management quota, with JEE rank being given priority followed by Intermediate marks. However, the management of these colleges is not following these guidelines and is not accepting applications within the specified notification period.

    - Advertisement -
    Rajesh M
    Rajesh Mhttps://www.telanganatribune.com
    Latest News from Hyderabad, Telangana, India & World!

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here